Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Fightin' Primobolans Daily Update: 7/22/09


I have an ESPN Fantasy Baseball team lovingly named The Fightin' Primobolans. I currently hold an 11-4 record, tied for 1st in the Yuri Sucart division. I figured I could use this blog to praise the players who do me good from day to day, and vent about those who came up a bit short.

Without further ado, here's the winners and losers from today, July 22:

Most Valuable Player: Marco Scutaro, Toronto Blue Jays-2/4, 2 HR, 4 RBI, 2 R

I've had Marco since the second week of the regular season, and he's been a real diamond in the rough. Not someone with overpowering numbers, but someone who is consistent. Plus, he's eligible at 2nd, 3rd and Shortstop, adding to the team's flexibility. Tonight was his first multi-hit game since the All-Star break, but he sure made the most of it.

Least Valuable Player: Ryan Franklin, St. Louis Cardinals-L, BS, 0.2 IP, 4 H, 2 ER

I traded Mariano Rivera for Franklin about a month or so into the season. Mariano has been phenomenally consistent. Franklin had been, too, until tonight. The Astros just beat the snot out of him tonight. Hopefully, this is just a one-time aberration.

1 comment: