Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Fightin' Primobolans Daily Update: 7/23/09

Thursdays are one of my more favorite days. Even though I start my first shift at 8 AM, I get off at Noon and then have a three-hour break until my second shift. Usually, this break is pretty uneventful: clean around the house, a bite of lunch, lounge around, etc.
Today, though, I got to catch the 9th inning of Mark Buehrle's perfect game on ESPN. I literally jumped off the couch when DeWayne Wise make his SPECTACULAR catch in left center. One of the best catches ever, given the circumstances. Big ups to everyone around.
Now, let's get to the Primobolan update!
Most Valuable Player-Yeesh! Pretty bland day across Primobolan-ville. Aw, what the heck? He isn't one of us, but we'll give it to him anyway!
Mark Buehrle, Chicago White Sox-9 IP, 0 H, 0 BB, 0 ER, 6 K
The first perfect game I ever remember was Kenny Rogers for the Rangers in 1994. I remember it mostly for Rusty Greer's circus catch to save it in the 9th. This one will be stored in the memory bank for a while, too, thanks to Mr. DeWayne Wise. Hope Buehrle hooks you up with somethin' nice.
Least Valuable Player-Russell Branyan, Seattle Mariners-0/4 against the Tigers
No one really did much of anything today, but Branyan got schooled by pitchers names French, Perry and Ni. Ouch. That puts you in LVP territory.

No comments:

Post a Comment